Monday, December 8, 2014

2012-2013 Memory Verses: Third Grade and Kindergarten

I'm organizing our work on Scripture memory verses and realized I haven't posted our memorized verses in a while. I like to have these on the blog for my own benefit and you never know when someone might search for something like "good memory verses for a third grader" and find what we did.

We also sometimes memorize entire psalms or parables, but I put those in our poetry memorization rather than Scripture verses. Basically, if it's too long to go on an index card and gets put in the memory binder, it's "Memory Work." If it's on an index card, it's "Memory Verses." We practice and review them both about four days a week.

For all our memory verses and parables, I use the NRSV. If it's a psalm and in our memory binder, I usually use the KJV.

First Son's Third Grade Memory Verse List
  • Matt 5:43-45
  • Matt 19:26
  • Phil 4:19
  • Matt 7:7
  • Matt 5:42
  • Romans 15:13
  • Psalm 27:4
First Daughter's Kindergarten Memory Verse List
  • Matt 18:20
  • John 3:16
  • Psalm 45:10
First Daughter was not very interested in memory work after the first few weeks of school. As I recall, she had already memorized a handful of poems and I just stopped the memory work until first grade. You can see First Son's kindergarten memory work on this page.