Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cloth Diaper Review: Thirsties Duo Diaper

Oh, how I love this diaper! I will sing its praises! The Thirsties Duo Diaper is everything I loved about the Thirsties Duo wrap (see review here) in a pocket diaper. It's practically perfect!

Second Son thinks so, too.

I was lucky enough to win a $25 gift certificate to Ecological Babies thanks to the Knickernappies blog.

I used my certificate to buy a Thirsties Duo Wrap cover in size 2 for Second Son in the snazzy cool stripes. I had a little of the gift certificate left over, though, so splurged a few of my own dollars to try out the Duo Diaper.

Like the Duo Wrap, the Duo Diaper comes in two sizes to cover baby from newborn to potty training. Second Son was about 18 pounds when we started using it on him.

I'm not sure what he weighs now, but you can see we're using it snapped down on the top snaps. There's still room to unsnap it all the way. Since he's already wearing our biggest fitted diapers, I think this should fit him for quite a while. (You wouldn't use a fitted diaper with the Duo Diaper. I'm just making a comparison for size purposes.)

The diaper has a sleeve -- it's like a pocket open at both ends. The inner liner is microfleece so it's nice and soft against Second Son's skin. The cute colored outer layer is waterproof (of course). After washing, just tuck the inserts into the sleeve. Then it's ready to put onto the baby, as easy as a disposable (and so much cuter!).

Two inserts are included with the diaper. I have been using them together successfully. If Second Son were smaller, I'd be tempted to try it with just one of them for a trimmer diaper, but in my experience the extra absorbancy is a good thing for him.

Like the Duo Wrap, this wonderful diaper has those lovely gussets around the legs to keep inside everything that should be inside while keeping baby's legs nice and comfy.

Check out those chubby thighs!

This diaper has never leaked. I like to use it first thing in the morning when Second Son often makes a messy diaper.

I always remove the inserts before putting the diaper in the pail. My low water washing machine probably wouldn't agitate it out. Since it's a sleeve instead of a complete pocket, I can pull on the end that's least messy.

This review is my objective opinion. I did not receive anything in exchange for the review. I did receive a $25 gift certificate thanks to Knickernappies and Ecological Babies but selected my own products and decided on my own to review the diaper for the blog.

Because I received this Thirsties Duo Diaper from Ecological Babies, the links above are all to that store. If you prefer, you can find them at Cloth Diaper Outlet as well with my associate link. If you are in need of any cloth diapers, I highly recommend these. In fact, I'd be tempted to buy a whole stash of them myself, if I didn't already have a whole stash of diapers.