Monday, September 8, 2008

Officially Unemployed, Briefly

Well, it's official. I've just delivered my resignation letter to my employer. After seven years with this organization (and three babies), I've decided to stop working full-time. We'll be able to give Grammy a break from being the caregiver and more time to be just Grammy. I'll be able to spend more time preparing to homeschool in earnest next year and have some pre-k fun this year.

I've been looking forward to this day for many years, but I have to admit I was still a little teary as I sent the letter. My supervisor and I have discussed a contract for some project-based work and I'm very much looking forward to continuing to work with the applications I helped develop and the people of the organization.

Hopefully I'll be back to work next week!